Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rite a Riff

I chose this picture, not only because it has nothing to do with anything in this post, but also because when searching individuality online this came up. 

I pledge allegiance to individuality,
To the difference found in all of us. 
Being unique and different
For each and every Peer.
To changing our future,
To owning our past.
I pledge allegiance to being your own person,
To knowing your wants and needs,
And acting upon them.
I pledge to be myself,
Through all the pain and corruption 
Found in our dark existence.
I pledge allegiance to our apparent freedom,
The theory better than reality.
Our nation in pain
As we sit and watch.
We kill so we won't be killed,
Preach on our peaceful lives,
But lack the necessities.
I pledge allegiance to love.
To having it.
To being filled with it.
To letting it consume you.
I pledge to expel the hate, 
And to love those most undeserving.


I chose to share this specific fast write not because it was my best moment, or because it was my most in depth writing, but because it is a pledge. It's a pledge to myself. The people in my life will come and go, but at the end of each day all I have is my own word.