Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Now What.

As you all know, January 16th is the day that we get yet another new Creative Writing teacher. Mr.Good will be replaced, being that he is retired, and can only teach 49% of the school year as a substitute teacher. There are hundreds of different rules and regulations that come with this mess, ones I'm struggling to understand. In all honesty, I'm nervous for this new teacher we're supposed to be getting.
Last year in my French class, we began the year with a new teacher as our previous one had moved away. Madame-I-can't-remember-her-name had just moved here from Texas, and was harboring a fugitive. Literally. She and her daughter moved here to get away from her husband, who was battling for custody. Not only did MICRHN fail us in the aspect of not being available, due to the brutal phone calls she had in the hallway with her lawyer, but she also failed us by not teaching us a thing. Although, I did get to watch the Toy Story in French at least six times, along with the Little Mermaid, and a movie about a naked boy.
Needless to say she was fired, halfway through the year. We then received a Mr.Dehaven, who was a decent teacher. He was very awkward, tall, skinny, and could easily have been directly removed from the nineties. I also didn't learn anything during his short stay. We finished the year with him, and I was as clueless to French verbs as I was when I began.
If all of that didn't prove to the school board that giving a job as important as a French teacher to Joe-Schmo on the street, they will never understand the importance of losing Ms.McKenna, and then taking Mr.Good from us, and more specifically me.
If I had my way, I'd keep Mr.Good here, working in the position he is in currently. As he is not just teaching, he's helping give students a different way of viewing life, and teaching each of us a thing or two about coping. Regrettably, I cannot have my way, such is life. Mr.Good taught me more in his short stay than most teachers have taught me in a full year. I'm glad that I had him as a teacher, even if it was for such a short period of time.